Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Green thumb?

I definitely don't have one, but Nick does (minus the Deet incident). He insisted we by the already growing tomato plants, but I assured him it be way more exciting to grow them starting from scratch. So far they're looking great!


My Basil is also looking awesome.


Our other plants are still recovering from Nick's Deet experiment (the one I told him was a BAD idea). I'm still growing sweet potatoes, green onion (we've already eaten some), and pineapple.

Yesterday, Nick came home with some beautiful carnations. I'm not really a fan of getting expensive flowers, or expensive anythings for that matter, so these were much appreciated. I prefer a bunch of $5 carnations over a bouquet of $75 roses any day.

1 comment:

  1. do you remember the movie "a troll in central park" ? it was about a troll who had to restore color to the world with the help of his handy dandy green thumb? for some reason when I read the title of this blog that came to mind......but your plants look cute!!!! please consider pieters bday present a trip back to cali!!!! kisses to the little man

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers